2023 TRID Advanced
In person or Live Stream / Virtual
Idle Hour Country Club (also available Live Stream / Virtual)251 Idle Hour Drive
Macon , GA 31210
Contact a Professional Development Associate for more details. Click here for the registration & cancellation policy.
The TILA-RESPA integrated disclosure rules (TRID) have been in effect for over six years, but that does not mean they are any easier today. The TRID rules are both detailed and vague, simple and complicated—all at the same time. Institutions continue to have questions and issues with the process, the forms, and compliance with them.
The loan estimate is intended to give the consumer information regarding the projected terms and costs of the transaction, which is important to the consumer in order to allow them to shop for loans. The closing disclosure explains the terms of the transaction so that consumers know precisely what they will have to pay and why. These rules have been revised several times with clarifications, FAQs, and more confusion, causing institutions unclarity on how to comply with the TRID rules.
In this one-day seminar we will briefly discuss the TRID rules and focus on real-world examples that institutions face when attempting to manage the process, monitor/audit results, provide meaningful management reporting, and complete the loan estimate and closing disclosure forms. We will study the challenges of TRID compliance, examiner hot buttons, and more.
This seminar is designed to provide insight into the who, what, where, when, how, and why in complying with TRID, including any recent changes and clarifications.
The in-depth seminar manual serves as a guide to the TRID rules, including the amendments, and as a valuable reference tool.
HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- Brief overview of the TRID rules
- Timing and eSign issues
- Discuss completing the forms
- Date issued
- Loan term, purpose, and product
- Disclosing ARMS and balloon loans
- Estimated taxes, insurance, and assessments
- Fee placement
- Disclosing escrow waiver fees
- Disclosing prepaids and escrows
- What really goes into Block H – other
- AP/AIP tables – when to use which and how to complete
- Completing the CD's summaries of transaction – including adjustments/credits
- Liability after foreclosure
- Lender credits
- Determining estimates of closing costs good faith requirement
- Resetting the tolerances
- When does a fee generally not subject to a tolerance become subject to a tolerance?
- What really are "incidental" title fees?
- Tolerances for the Total of Payments
- Resolving clerical errors and refunds related to the good faith analysis
- Principal reductions for tolerance cures
- Calculating cash to close table
- Key issues with construction loan disclosures
- Examiner findings, hot buttons, expectations
- And much more